Canadian Morning Canadian Morning

I get more of a hurried feeling with this track. It seems like the kind of music that'd play when someone wakes up and realizes they are late for work or school -- but that might just be me. I like it from a composition standpoint.

From a production standpoint, the Autogun synth clashes with itself a lot. When you change notes, sometimes an unwanted reesey sound comes through because of the clashing. You can remedy this by sampling and fading the release out, or by using a different synth and recreating the sound. You should also try turning said synth down, it is a bit loud.

Overall, the idea is there. Just cleaning it up in mixing and mastering and you'll get a pretty cool finished product.

Yeelp responds:

Ah, I see what you mean. I'll definitely rework the synth to create a better product for sure, then re upload it. Thanks for the suggestions!

slickblade slickblade

The vocals are done well. I could hear them clearly and understand what they were saying, which is a good thing. Many artists struggle to mix vocals with a track because the voice has such a dynamic range.

However, your percussion needs a bit of work. It felt a little empty in a lot of places and lacked any sort of melody. The bassline also clashes with your kick, and you could remedy that by sidechaining.

Overall I can tell what you are going for. Almost a Pronobozo type of feel. I think you could improve upon this and make it something remarkable. Keep it up and don't stop. :)

DnBPartY! DnBPartY!

I like the spacey atmosphere -- the drum choice is also extremely interesting. It has a very vinyl sort of feel -- not to mention the interesting samples (like the brass sample). I also like the sub. You did a very good job with the bass and kick not really clashing too hard -- and the lose sound pretty clean. I also find it fascinating that you went with stereo for the low-end, since not many producers try things like that very often.

The only critique I have is really about the wobble bass. I recommend modulating the speed of the LFO, so you can get some variation in terms of movement. Overall, I really liked it. :)

Just machines Just machines

I actually really like this. It seems like something that'd be in Adventure Time. One of my favorites from my fellow peers in the Underdogs Group. :D

Clerik responds:

Thx man, and gl to you in the contest. I love adventure time and regular show too, actually sampled some regular show in a track but can't post it here cause copyright lameness... :p

RoboTermination RoboTermination

Reminds me of the hybrid approach in the DICE's Battlefield series. Nicely done!

KatMaestro responds:

Thanks for your review bro. :)

Xavier's Tape Xavier's Tape

This is a very good atmospheric track; it certainly conveys the eerie atmosphere of a horror movie. The only recommendations I have are for the mastering. I recommend cleaning up some of the lower frequencies. Maybe sidechaining your sub bass to the kick so they don't clash or cover each other too much. The snare could also be louder, and fatter. I recommend making the percussion as a whole much louder, but that might just be me.

Overall, this is a really cool track. Very interesting and unique approach to the genre. I like it!

arbelamram responds:

Thnx bro :)
My problem is that i cant master my tracks becuse my PC can carry it all together
but thank u very much ^-^

Mendrion Mendrion

The track is pretty good. The guitar is tight and works really well. It sounds a bit thin though, so I'd try and make it sound fuller. The drums are also very good -- it's just they do not feel a part of the track. I'd recommend EQ and further mastering to prevent that from happening.

Other than that, you have a solid track. Nicely done! Keep up the good work. :)

Blacklawn responds:

Can you explain to me the issue with the drums a bit better in a PM? Thanks.

Motown Groovalicious Motown Groovalicious

I have to agree with N0E0G0A. It would be awesome if you did a bass solo or something -- that's just me though. BUT then I thought... Holy crap, where'd this come from? I love it! You totally should finish this -- it needs some more love. Keep this stuff up -- we need more music like this here! :D

Northwing Horizon Northwing Horizon

I really liked it! That guitar was pretty dang sick. The only suggestions I have would be both adding more to the lower frequencies as well as maybe mastering the percussion so it stands out more. Other than that, it sounds great.

Content Content

I like that your lyrics begin with a story and race through thoughts and emotions. Is rare to find lyrics so descriptive and unconvoluted. You just say what you mean, and that's pretty unique now days.

As for the technical side of things, it is great that you were able to record in your bedroom. The beat and chords came through very well. The vocals, unfortunately, did not. A few times they were overpowered, though nothing major. I recommend amping your vocals up a little, but that's all I got for you. I loved it! Keep it up!

FustigateM responds:

thanks =D this is a still a work in progress too, i posted it here to look for collaborators while i polish the final track ; )

my writing means alot to me, specifically , so thank you again for the compliment. i put everything ive got into it.